Serenity Point Hospice was started because 4 medical professionals saw a need for quality, compassionate hospice care in our rural communities. We partnered together and combined our vast experiences, beliefs and expertise to provide much needed support where there is none.
Serenity is the state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness. Serenity Point Hospice strives to help our patients and their loved ones reach the point of serenity as they navigate through their final stages of life. We strive to create a culture dedicated to meeting the needs of our patients, families and employees based on the principles of dignity, respect and compassion.
Hospice recognizes dying as part of the normal process of living and focuses on maintaining the quality of remaining life. It affirms life and neither hastens nor postpones death through a multidisciplinary team approach. Hospice is not a place. It is philosophy.
- Hospice affirms life
- Hospice recognizes dying as a process and so our care provides comfort rather than cure
- Hospice neither hastens nor postpones death
- Hospice provides physical, emotional and spiritual care to terminally ill persons and their families
- Hospice helps the terminally ill person maintain quality of life and helps family members through an extremely stressful time in their lives.
- Serenity Point encompasses a strengths-based approach wherein physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being is equally paramount
- Serenity Point provides a nurturing and supportive environment by promoting a care team whose values reflect compassion and empathy
- Serenity Point encourages and empowers the family unit through counseling and education to increase their overall quality of life
- Serenity Point develops a care plan with the family that is unique for each patient and ensures that all comfort measures and needs are met
- Serenity Point guides the family through the end-of-life journey, addressing grief, anxiety, concerns, and issues so that at the time of passing they are at a place of comfort and acceptance
In Memory Of...
- Alberta Postin Alberta Postin
- Charlotte D. Wilkinson Charlotte D. Wilkinson
- Evelyn Siders Evelyn Siders
- George R. Beranek George R. Beranek
- Harold H. Anderson Harold H. Anderson
- Lizzie Westerville Lizzie Westerville
- Marjorie C. Corsaw Marjorie C. Corsaw
- Melvin C. Corsaw Melvin C. Corsaw
- Norma L. Barker Norma L. Barker
- Robert E. Williamson DDS Robert E. Williamson DDS
- Shirley Miller Shirley Miller
- William R. Siders William R. Siders